Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

On December 16th, I arrived in Oahu, Hawaii. I moved into my apartment that night. Here are many pictures of my humble 16' by 18' home:

I am standing in the door way looking in.

Carolyn is standing in the doorway... 
The next four pictures provides a 180 degree view of the place.
The door on the left side of the picture is the bathroom.

The center is the small bathroom.
The left is the pantry closet.

From right to left:
 bathroom
pantry closet
kitchen

There is a small wall that ensure some privacy for my bedroom
 and it separates the kitchen from the place where I lay my head.

I have two sweet ceiling fans...  
along with the great windows, my place is very open and breezy. 
 I love it.

Obviously, I am sitting on my queen size bed. 
In the mirror's reflection, you can see my kitchen.

From the bedroom,
 looking out into my 
dining room/living room/entry way/kitchen.
Mom got this rug in Peru.
Look closely, you can see the palm branches outside of my door.

The second ceiling fan.
I love the high ceiling in this place.

In the bottom left corner, you can see my stove tops.  
To my dismay, this place does not have an oven.
My refrigerator is outside.

Here is a close up of my bathroom.

The bathroom has walls, but no ceiling.  
You can hear everyone doing their business in this bathroom.

I thought this was a cool photo. 

Even though this place is small, I simply love it.  It will do for me and James' first home together. 

My joy is feeling and smelling the warm fragrance breeze blowing gently through my home sweet home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You will definitely have to be close to each other all the time in your new space, but who said that's not part of the point ;)
-Kate

Momma Mig said...

oh my! you're almost married! how i would love to celebrate your special day with you!!! have so much fun and take in all the small details (then blog them so we can pretend we were there and you'll never forget!)!! the day goes by so fast... i'm sure it will be absolutely perfect! we're thinking of you and we'll say a prayer for the covenant love you're entering in to!

Heather Grindstaff said...

I can't wait to see wedding pictures! I am sure everything was beautiful!!