Friday, November 28, 2008

The Beginning

Several friends and family have inquired what our love story is... that is James and mine. I had no idea where to even start, but a friend reminded me, "Why not the beginning?"

James actually remembers the very first moment he laid eyes on me. I, like usual, faintly remember the moment.

I was scheduled to leave for Guinea Bissau, West Africa in the September of 2004. Before I left, my mom and I made a trip down to Montreat College in North Carolina at the end of August. When I arrived, I was able to visit with several of my friends along with Erin. We had decided to go to the guys' dorm to visit Anthony. As I was wandering the halls, I stopped and said hello to a friend, Zach. In his room next door, James apparently heard our voices and wanted to see what the commotion was. All I remember that there was this guy that suddenly appeared at the Zach's door, but I didn't think anything of it. I did not even remember his face. It wasn't till later that James said that it was him. He remember the encounter vividly, down to the dress I was wearing.

It wasn't till a year later, when I returned from Africa and went back to Montreat, that I came to know James. Because Anthony is one of James' best friends and he (Anthony) was dating my twin sister, Erin, I saw James frequently through out my sophmore year of college. We would occasionally hang out. I never viewed him as anything more than a "brotherly" friend. This friendship would continue for the next year and half.


James and I at Anthony's Graduation in 2006.



to be continued... :)

My joy is the aroma of my mom's apple crisp baking in the oven.

No comments: