Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happenings

To try to tell you all that has been said and done in the last two and half months since James and I got hitched is overwhelming. Instead, I thought I would just briefly list what has happened, then I will tell of what is going on now.

January:
  • James and I were married for a week before he left for a month worth of training on the Big Island.
  • I went to Kauai with my grandparents for two weeks.
  • I made a surprise trip home to Michigan for 5 days.
  • I went to Pensacola, FL for soccer training.
February:
  • James returned from training.  It was SO thrilling to see him again.
  • I have a job as a nanny.
  • We moved from Kailua to Honolulu.
March:
  • James left for training in California called 29 Palms or CAS (don't ask me what it stands for).  He is gone for six weeks.
  • Allison Galoob, a friend from the Deaflympic soccer team, came out to visit me for a week.  We had a blast.
________________________________

I am so very glad that I was able to have James all to myself for a whole month before he left for 29 Palms.  We were had a taste of just how hard marriage is but we got a whallop of a bite of how wonderful and great it is and will be.  When he returns from CA, I may just be lucky to have him home for two weeks before he is gone overseas for seven months. Otherwise, it may only be a week. It is far easier to dwell on the times I will have with James instead of moping on how little time I have.

After all, I have to:

"Keep on the sunny side,
Always on the sunny side.
Keep on the sunny side of Life."

Though my heart is aching with missing him, I have several happenings that will keep me busy.  The day James left (a week ago from today), Allison Galoob or Allie arrived, bringing sunshine and laughter with her.  We had a marvelous time just soaking up the aloha spirit and having a bit of adventure everyday.  

Besides having a friend for a week, I am also working Monday through Friday as a nanny.  I am primarily responsible for a 6 years old boy named Sammy.  Sammy has two older teenaged siblings.  The oldest is Stephanie who is in 10th grade.  The middle one is Christopher who is in 7th grade.

My responsiblities includes but not limited to: 
  • Taxi Driver
  • Cook
  • Dish Washer
  • Laundress
  • Butt Wiper
  • Housekeeper
  • Shoe Tying Teacher
  • Homework Helper
  • Bath Giver
  • Tickler
  • Reader
  • And on it goes.
Honestly, in short, I am your average typical "housewife/mom" type of nanny. 

The mom is a full time pharmectical student on the Big Island as well as a part time flight attendant.  She comes home on Friday nights and leaves Sunday nights.  She is a wonderful lady who loves her family very much but is also a career woman.

The father owns his construction business in Honolulu that specializes in restoring old buildings.  Right now, he is the site master on the set of the tv series, "LOST".  He is a busy man, but he always makes time for his children, especially his youngest.

I enjoy the job I do.  It helps keeps my mind and body busy when James is away.

Other things that I look forward to is, I have two more friends that are arriving to Hawaii.  One is actually another soccer teammate from the Deaflympics, Erin Hoganson.  She will be visiting her family here on Oahu with her husband but we plan to get together several times.

Another friend is a friend that I hold near and dear to my heart, Heather Hable.  She is one of my closest friends from college.  Heather will be with me during the last week before James returns.  I look forward to spending Easter with someone special like her since I can't be with my family.

I will be moving back to Michigan on May 7th for the summer and fall.  I look forward to be surrounded by family and friends again.

Life is hard at times but it is so full of grand splendors, that my heart can't help but sing praises to the One.

My joy is tears-pour-down-my-face-and-my-sides-aches laughter with treasured friends.



2 comments:

Oma aka Meme said...

bless your heart for being so brave in the face of reality- and sharing -
nanny is good practice for mommy time in the future
praying for you both as you have just begun your journey
hugs from Meme who can say that it is worth it all..........

The Rodriguez's said...

Nice post! I loved it. I had no idea heather hable is coming to see ya! That'll be a blast.


You did a good job with this one, its a good summary about what's happen since january.